strawberry choco-coated notebook

Saturday, November 11, 2006

whoa!!! after 6 months. :-D

after 6 months of hibernation, here I go to tell you what the newest with me is! I'm super excited to learn soccer!!! :-D had I only been this interested in the years that had passed, ... never mind. there's no room for regrets now... only excitement can fill me today! and, of course, my faith. :-) I won't tell you more unless I have more to tell, that is, unless I can show progress. but for now, I can & will tell you where this excitement came from. there was a time in the past when Wedding Peach (the corny animé series) was being televised in ABS-CBN... I loved the series & we, my sister & I, got to love soccer balls, too. we did not know how to play soccer, we didn't have a soccer ball, but we did have a stuffed toy, a stuffed soccer ball from Blue Magic... I believe we bought that. my interest in soccer also aroused when I had gotten to know that friends from Focolare actually play soccer because they're part of their schools' programs... I was interested, but not this interested. today, the excitement that I hold is actually built during my stay in UST... having known a friend who happens to be a part of AB Women's Football Team, I was interested and somehow tempted to join... but I didn't join, perhaps because I was thinking that at that time I couldn't handle everything I wanted to, considering that my parents actually think that I'm frail (since I had asthma before [which I think I've outgrown], tuberculosis, & a type of pneumonia), that it runs in our blood that we all have weak knees (literal; weak bones), and that I was (& maybe I still am) the baby of the family (I'm the youngest girl) so my parents still fetch me... (& I let them treat me like a baby, I guess...) anyway, besides my friend (Yvet's the name ^^), I have this classmate, JR, who is a member of AB Men's Football Team (or Club?) & is a great player... once, he had this really big bruise on his leg... I was so amazed with his dedication since even if he didn't know where the bruise came from (if I remember it right), he still continued to be part of the team, he continues to play! it's his passion! (just like my passion for music... -_-) he's so into it, & I admire that. given all those, it still did not cross my mind that I'd like to join a team or what. now, my sister (Iya) is in Italy, & she told us once that she now plays soccer there with the other Gen (of Focolare) from Italy & from the other parts of the world... now that made me envious!!! nainggit ako at naiinggit pa rin. from there, I had this idea that someday I will learn how to play soccer, too... someday I will be playing soccer! then, last Monday, I was wearing a green shirt given us by my sister (Ate Ava) in Minnesota... it had this white football print along with some words... ka-blah! this shirt was noticed by a co-member of the choir (JC) since he plays soccer for AB, too. I told him the truth that I don't know how to play & I only wear the shirt since... it's a shirt! I like greens... and soccer, too... but I told him that I don't play soccer, & that I want to learn the game. Then, he told me that the (Women's) football team offers training during summer... I told him that I'll contact Yvet about my interest... but I haven't yet. I don't know how I should start... but, since I got to ask JR a while ago how soccer is, if it's fun, or what, (I also told him that I'm interested in soccer,) I'm feeling relieved that at least now some people know that I have this dream... I'm also excited since there are people around whom I know can help me fulfill my wish... I wish I could finally play soccer for my own enjoyment. ^^ (...& for some purposes, too, that only I know... something that I could relate to my family's beliefs... I think you know.) 'til next! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home